Justus Jellybeans

Justus Jellybeans

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Oh lei, oh lei

Well, since I've been absent for awhile, you KNOW that I have been somewhere good.  We all traveled to Lufkin to spend Christmas with Grammie and Pops and then headed over the pond to Maui!  It was a wonderful trip- aside from the plane ride everything was absolutely fantastic.  Here are a few things I did:

Discovered I LOVE grilled cheese-a good thing since its the only thing I would eat all week except for breakfast and Cheerios.


Went to a luau




   btw - the best part of the leis were the orchids, they were a good snack

Everyone trying to get me to smile during a photo shoot,  yeah, I make them work.

 Wasn't sure about the sand
 I thought it might taste good- I was wrong.


 Woke up Uncle JonJon a lot- he is one tough cookie to wake up...

 Watched my Dad, Uncle Jonathan, and Uncle JonJon learn to surf




 Went swimming- yep, I still love it.
 I got stuck with Grammie, Pops, and Aunt Lauren on the side of the volcano when the brakes overheated, we had to wait 3 hours for a new car!!!  I mainly sat on a rock and picked grass.

 
 This is the sunrise from the top of the volcano that we woke up at 3:30am to see!!!  It was SOOOOO cold!!!
 
btw- Mommy had on 6 layers!  3 of them were jackets!!!  If anyone had ever told me that I could be this cold in Hawaii I would have thought they were joking- I wish I brought my bunting!

Me and Auntie Lauren
 View from our hotel balcony
 Sat on a frog


 Saw some whales jump- you could see them right from the beach at our hotel, some were super close- they would jump WAY out of the water- sometimes several at a time.  I actually personally never saw any, but everyone else did.
 Dipped my toes in the ocean.


Oh, I do love Maui, the weather was perfect, not too hot, sunshine all day long, lots to do and lots of places to relax.  It's my favorite place so far.
Thank you POPS for a wonderful time!  We were so sad to come home- my Mommy said it was the most sad she has ever been for a vacation to end.

No comments: