Justus Jellybeans

Justus Jellybeans

Friday, December 3, 2010

A Texas Thanksgiving and oh yeah, I'm 1 0 months today!

Soooo, it's been awhile since we've last talked, but that means I've been super busy with lots of pictures to share with everyone.  First things first, I'm 10 months finally!


Part of being 10 months means that I won't sit still for a decent picture.

I'm having lots of fun with the new things I can do- I LOVE to use my new top teeth as an extra hand- they come in handy for all kinds of things like holding onto the couch while standing, transporting toys when my hands are busy and most importantly, eating!  I am totally through with those old baby food purees, nevermind that Mom has a freezer full of organic, healthy meals for me- I want the real stuff now.
Anything that I can chew I love! 

I pull up on EVERYTHING- including the toliet today- for some reason they don't like me reaching inside too much.  And I can crawl as fast as you can walk.  
Wanna race??

 Anyway- where have I been?  Houston and good old Lukfin, Texas.  I saw lots of family and my grandparents new house. 

We did lots of fun things- like swing, ride the mule, and go look at the horse barn.






And the best part was when they let me drive.






We've learned that the big to do in these parts around Thanksgiving is the lighting of Rudolph.  I was looking for some furry deer and a red nose and instead I found a GIANT Lufkin pump jack that they made to look like Rudolph.  The lighting ceremony is a big deal and the most important person of the night (besides Santa of course) is the kid who gets to push the button to light up Rudolph.  Since my Pops is an important guy he said I can push the button when I am old enough.   That will be when I have truly arrived.









I know to all you city slickers out there this may seem a little hokey- but hey, bloom where you are planted, right?


Uncle JonJon was so tired after all the fun that he fell asleep in a most uncomfortable position.

One of my most favorite people to meet was Sabrina, my German Aunt who lived with Grammie and Pops while she was in high school.  She was LOTS of fun and I am so glad that she stayed with us for Thanksgiving.  Everyone else really enjoyed seeing her too.


Then, on Thanksgiving some family drove up to eat.


Great Great Aunt Deanna


The Jennings from Fort Worth- they pay me lots of attention and of course I love it.



Debra and her boyfriend Brian.

 Kylie, my cousin with the penguins at her wedding.


I spent a little time in Houston with my Great Aunt Laura and Papaw.
She is so entertaining.




 


And yes, my nose was orange- I was going through a big carrot phase.

2 comments:

Sarah Shipp said...

Happy 10 months Bonnie! Meagan, just to prove that this blog is greatly appreciated... I had to go in for a meeting at work the other day, and when people starting catching up and talking about their kids, grandkids, etc... I pulled out my phone and said, "I don't have kids, but I've got a Bonnie!" I totally showed off!

JonJon said...

Sleeping on the chair was actually really comfortable--that chair is huge. It could eat me alive.